Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Writers-Block, Anyone?

Ok, so it's been a while.

A very long, silent, and slightly uncomfortable, while.  I've been asked about the blog and why I seemingly stepped away or got too busy for it. (Too busy? a stay-at-home-mama with 3 loud and crazy boys? pfff...).  No, the real reason for my "absence" is a prolonged case of writers-block.  Allow me to explain:

1. We moved to Vancouver in January from Alabama.  If you've followed my blog in the past, you know this, so I won't re-hash into all of it. But if you are new, you can read this old blog to bring you up to speed.


2.  We not only moved, but we moved into my in-laws house.  Now, let me preface what I am about to say with this: I have a terrific, fantastic, beautiful relationship with my in-laws. They let us live with them for 9 months and invade their space, their kitchen, their yard, and their lives with our "stuff."  But, I do believe that when God said to "leave your father and mother's house and cling to your wife",  he knew what he was sayin'!  It's hard living with parents again, especially once children are in the mix.  It's a little un-natural.  And, for the record, I want to honor my in-laws with my words about them, because they truly gave so selflessly for so long, but I feel that I can speak for them when I say...they felt the same as we did. Come September, it was time for us TO GO! :)

3. I home-schooled our kindergartner last semester.  Enough said.

...So, what I am trying to say here is this: not only was life a little topsy-turvy for my Friesen Five boys and I, it was downright hard.  Hard, hard, hard.  I decided that blogging about my hard times and the hard lessons God was teaching just wasn't necessary.  Who wants to listen to a complainer, right?  Not me.  Plus, my mom taught me well: if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.  So I've still been writing, almost daily, just not for everyone else to see.  It's been a steady flow of conversation between me and the Lord and it's been GOOD.


So, I'm back now!  In my up-coming blogs I am excited to share about some of the lessons I've learned through this last year.  I'll also post a few pics of the new house for my friends down south who've been harassing me about it. I mean asking me about it.  I may even post some pictures of my weird kids and share some new recipes.  We've been doing this eating-clean thing and I figured I could share some of what I've learned.  Stick around!

Ok, go have a great day. Or night. Depends on your time zone I guess.


And because we've been away for a while, you've missed out on the beautiful weirdness of my kids.  I feel the need to share the love:


He's from Alabama. Oh yes he is.

Why do men like to play the guitar in their underwear?

WE'RE BAAAAAAAAACK!



Lots of Love to you all...








2 comments:

  1. wooohooo!!! Can't wait to see all the pics and hear about the lessons learned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete