Monday, October 6, 2014

31 Days to a Complete Home Renovation: Day 6



I AM SO EXCITED!

Sorry, I didn't mean to yell.  I'm just so excited to finally begin showing the actual renovation process.

So here's how it happened:  on November 2nd we got possession of our dump house. We immediately went to town on the demo process.

(***First thing in a reno: you need a dumpster.  We got possession at 1:00 pm and had our dumpster delivered at 1:01 pm).

The first thing we did was rip up the carpets and the laminate flooring.  And yes, I did actually help with that.  I got to put on a mask (the previous owners had indoor cats and I'm allergic) and then pulled up most of the carpet and under-lay all by myself.  The guys had bigger and better things to do.  Like tear down walls and use power tools.  Every bit of the old house went into that dumpster.   And at the end of day 1 demo, here's what we ended up with:


[That stud in the white hat is my hubs.]


Just to remind you, here's what it looked like before from that same view:



So those walls are gone, the floors are gone and it's a full-on construction site!  

***Money-saving tip***
We opted to keep the old fridge and kept it plugged in for the guys.  They kept their water bottles and their lunches in there.  It turned out to be a smart idea because in the end, we probably saved a lot of money by Ryan bringing leftovers everyday rather than running out to grab a quick lunch.  We also saved the microwave for heating up food.  After the reno was done, we sold the microwave and moved the fridge into the garage where I now use it to keep all of my extras.  (Because when you have 3 growing boys, one fridge just doesn't seem to cut it.).


Sadly, I don't have more pictures of the end of our 1st day in the house.  I think I was too exhausted to think about anything but sleep.  But don't you worry!  Come back tomorrow for pictures of the rest of the upstairs.

Have a beautiful day,
E 



3 comments:

  1. Girl! So glad I found your "31 days" posts! I'm excited to see how everything turns out. (And your writing style is cracking me up!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy! Glad you're enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete